Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: The Morning Coffee...............Another Day

  1. #41
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peeker:
    well, tabernac! [img]mad.gif[/img]
    (yeah, I probably spelled that wrong too.)

    best thing aboot Montreal is the whores, IMO. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The meanning is quite clear!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    As for the whores... I'll take your word on it lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Baimun, actually you got most of the sentense right... Before that they're is an error, so that's why maybe you didn't get everything right...

    BTW, just a question like that. How good/bad is my english? I always meant to ask that question...

  2. #42
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by grail:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Peeker:
    well, tabernac! [img]mad.gif[/img]
    (yeah, I probably spelled that wrong too.)

    best thing aboot Montreal is the whores, IMO. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The meanning is quite clear!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    As for the whores... I'll take your word on it lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Baimun, actually you got most of the sentense right... Before that they're is an error, so that's why maybe you didn't get everything right...

    BTW, just a question like that. How good/bad is my english? I always meant to ask that question...
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We actually can't make out a word you're saying. We just guess. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Actually your english is great. About 10 times better than my french.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Grail was speaking English? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We actually can't make out a word you're saying. We just guess.
    Actually your english is great. About 10 times better than my french
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks!


    Andy: [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's hard to tell whether somebody speaks poor English or they're just a bad typist. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Regarding Porthos & Grail, I always assume English is their first language until some minor syntax error will occur.

    MM4, on the other hand, I always knew English wasn't his first language. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Andy! English isn't my first language. I just learned by listening to The Fresh Prince of Bellair [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Originally posted by grail:
    Thanks Andy! English isn't my first language. I just learned by listening to The Fresh Prince of Bellair [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which is easier for you? Writing or talking?

  8. #48
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd say that it depends on the day. Sometime the "switch" isn't on and my talking is pretty lame, and on other days its the opposite. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    One of the weirdest thing that ever happenned to me was when I was in Dominican Republic and I met MM4. Talking with him was pretty fine, everything went good (at least he looked like he understood me [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). But when he met my gf (now ex-gf... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] ) I had to speak to her in english and not french since Tony doesn't understant it... it was fine but that was the weirdest thing ever... I had never had a conversation with her in english before... But everytime I talked to her it was like "No, it's not the right girl you're wpeaking with, I must be mistaking her for someone else" lol

  9. #49
    Inactive Member Shypappette's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Morning all.
    Last night I had a dream that a large rat in a bonnett and flowery dress bit my palm and tried to rip my hand off. What do you think that means? Stop having a hoot before bed? Maybe I should have more hoots before bed.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL! That is weird, Grail. So how often do you use English?

    BTW-my wife's father's family are of French Canadian decent. They were raised in Michigan's upper pennisula and spoke only French until they were 12. In fact, my father-in-law claims he thought he lived in France until he was 12. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •